Thursday, May 29, 2008

Grand Piano Recital

After many many hours and lots of hard work, the girls were able to play in the Grand Piano recital that the Christian Music Conservatory puts on. You have to try out to determine which of the 4 different recitals you get to play in and the Grand is the highest one. Needless to say they were quite excited when all their songs made it. Since the Grand is a formal recital, they needed something formal to wear. So off we went to the cloth store and they picked out their own patterns and material for the dresses they are wearing. God Blessed us tremendously with the material being on a very good sale. So we were all excited about that also. Well here is the videos from the recital. They played a piano duet, "The Entertainer" by Scott Joplin. Then K played "Summer's Nocturne" by Catherine Rollin and D played "Mrs. Darcy" from the Pride and Prejudice Soundtrack. Hope you enjoy as much as we did.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed it VERY much. Good job sis.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I can see why they were so excited, they are really good!

Anonymous said...

That is the most beautiful sounds I have heard in the longest time. That was an amazing job and I know that you are so proud of them.

I hope that the LORD continues to bless you and the girls and Kirk.

jburkhart said...

Hi Shuranda!
Oh wow....thanks for sending me the link to know you have updated your blog with the videos of the girls with their recitals! What a beautiful job they did with it! Way to go Krystin and Denielle. The dresses you made are gorgeous and the girls look stunning in them! They are growing up so quickly aren't they?
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and saying hi and leaving me some love! It was really great to hear from you again - I know you have been busy with the girls and their many hours of practicing!
What else have you been up to? Yes, it's hard to believe how much Kaylene has grown up...she is taller than me by a good 2 inches now...think she is still growing too! Yikes!
Email me when you get the chance and let me know how you are doing! Would love to see some more of your layouts too - if you want any of mine just holler - I think I have improved since my earlier kits - lol!
Take care and I look forward to hearing from you again!
Hugs and all the best!
Michaele
P.S. Thanks for sharing their recitals with us! Wonderful job and so beautiful to listen to!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!

Wow you did an awesome job on the piano!! I knew ya'll were good, but I didn't know ya'll were that good! Really great job.

This is Amanda Allbee by the way.
I just found out today that ya'll had a blogger account, so I thought I would stop by and say hi!
<><