Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cake Decorating Course 2 completed

Another month, another cake course completed. This month we had two lessons a week for two weeks since we have the Christmas and New Years holidays. Thank the Lord that we did not have to make a cake each lesson. In this course we learned how to make flowers out of Royal Icing, an icing that hardens very hard and can last for a long time. We learned how to make Chrysanthemums, Apple blossoms, Violets, Victorian roses, Dasies, Daffodils, Pansies, Primroses, and finally basketweaving. K (I) had a bit of a problem being lefthanded. Also, since I am still recovering from wrist/hand surgery and I still lack alot of movement and strength. But I did the best I could and with Mom's help, we got it done. I had the most problem holding the flower nail, a tool used to form flowers on. There were times Mom had to help hold it and I told her when to turn it and such. Mom also got me a piece of styrofoam to help me grip it better so I didn't (couldn't) have to hold that tiny nail. Poor D had a problem with her final cake. Right after she got the whole basketweave and borders done, the cake started falling to one side. Mom and our teacher tried helping her catch it and then making do of the situation. She was a bit disappointed, but it is through our problems that we learn the most. I think the course was a success since we know more now than when we started. We will continue practicing what we were taught and I am sure we will have lots of fun with the new skills we are aquiring.

Posted by Kirksarrow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My baking grand-daughters