A new craze has found its way into our home. My niece was telling my children about her birthday gifts which included a few Webkinz. Well, like normal, we are not up to date in the latest craze or fads and that is simply okay with me. Well, one thing led to another and I received a call from my mom asking if I thought it was okay for her to buy my girls some Webkinz. She wanted me to go check it out and see if it met our approval. Wasn't that VERY thoughtful of her? After checking things out, hubby and I decided that it was fine if Granny wanted to buy these for the girls. Soooo, they are now proud owners of a husky and raccoon. For those that are in the dark as much as we are, these are small stuffed animal/beanie babies that you purchase and they have a code to each one of them. You then go to the site and register your new furry friend and play games, answer questions (like school stuff), do jobs, etc, to earn money to purchase things for the animals virtual room. You can also play games with your friends. This makes is really easy since the girls play together and now can play with their cousin. It is EXTREMELY safe from all that I could tell. And it is one of those things that although they are playing, it is teaching real life skills. Like if you blow all your money, your have none to buy food for your little animal when it gets hungry. Not to mention many more.
I sat with the girls for a few hours playing with them and I have to say it was kinda fun. Kids of all ages would probably enjoy it since it has all different ages of things to do.
Well, hopefully I will get pics of their new pets. They are cute!
Today we head out for piano lessons and then to the orthopedic surgeon. We shall see if my daughters swelling in her arm has gone down enough for a cast. Her pain level is still spiking up off and on, although it is getting better. Just slowly!
1 comment:
Hi again...just lil ol' me! I guess I am in the dark as well - never had heard of them before, but they sound cute...maybe will have to see about getting one for Kaylene for Christmas!
Thanks so much for your visits to my blog...yes, I have been busy with layouts and word art.....seems like I get on the computer and before I know it I need to get off of it because I have been on too long! LOL! Why does time seem to go so very fast when I am trying to get stuff done - hehehehehehe!
The weather is finally starting to cool down and I can wear my pants and long sleeve shirts - I am happy now!
Kay has two more weeks of Volleyball season and then will be trying out for the basketball team after that! Hope the girls piano practicing is going well!
Hugs and have a great weekend! Maybe we will be on at the same time next week and can chat sometime!
Michaele
Post a Comment