I am praising the Lord for no infections and that I am progressing along quite nicely. I am learning to adjust to hopping along on one leg and discovered that the walked is my best friend. There are times the pain is intense and others when I really have none. I find the more I move, the more it hurts, which is very normal for the first few weeks. I am amazed at the swelling and the way it fluctuates almost hourly. About 5 days after surgery is when I hit the most swelling, my toes even turned purple. They told me that it would continue for 2-3 weeks after surgery. I am including pictures that we took at the doctor's office on Thursday. You should be able to click on them to see bigger pics for those that are interested in the details.
It was amazing at the purple look around my ankle. It was almost as if the blood looked to be seeping through the skin. It wasn't, just had that appearance.
Here is a closer up picture. Again, just click on the picture to get a more detail view. You can see the appearance of the blood seeping through a little better on this picture. Just amazing how God designed our bodies.
In this picture you can really seeing the swelling. My little piggies (toes) look so round and fat. Also, all that yellow/green you see is the bruising. We were amazed at how far up the bruising went.
Just another picture of the bruising and how it carried through to the inside of my leg.
A picture of them rewrapping my foot in closer to a 90 degree angle. As you can see, we are not quite there yet.
A picture of me trying to grin and bear the pain. I don't look to be succeeding very well.
2 comments:
oh this made me cry to see you hurting and knowing what you went through!!! And are going through!! I'm SO THANKFUL they discovered your foot in the wrong position...that would've been horrible. Lots of love and hugs!!
Oh my gosh.. Couldn't look at the pictures. :p Still praying for you!
<3
Post a Comment