Monday, March 2, 2009

Creating while down...

Last Monday, February 23rd, Kirk was able to take the day off and take me to the doctor. They removed the stitches and put a real cast on my foot/leg. The swelling was mostly localized at that point. Meaning I didn't have fat piggies (toes) anymore. It seems most of the bruising is gone also. Although I still had a pretty rough week last week, I am getting better. It seems over the weekend I made a major turn and am doing pretty well. I still have pain, but it is very bearable usually. I am finally down to only taking the pain meds perodically instead of every 4 hours. It is a good thing cause I was really starting to feel like a drug addict.

Anyone that knows me very well at all knows that I usually have my hands in some crafts. Well the surgery has made this no exception. I have several thing I have been working on while sitting with my foot propped up. But I did take the time to go to the sewing machine and make a bag for my handy dandy walker and wheelchair. I am trying to be more independent. The bag sure helps. I made sure to add lots of little pockets. So here it is. There is not a pattern cause I just made it as I went.



1 comment:

Miss_Holly said...

Hi Shuranda!

Your walker bag is super cute, I bet you could be like the next Vera Bradley! I think your fabrics are super cute too, I love puppies :D

Hope you get to feeling better (:

-Holly