Sunday, August 23, 2009

Tests and Austin

Denielle and I passed our drivers ed written test last week and we are starting to learn how to drive. But in order for us to have done that we needed to get our birth certificates. That requires us to go to Austin. When we were there we went to the capital.
It was amazing. The architecture, the history.... But my favorite was the star on the top of the inner dome. The star is 8' wide and 266' up! There is also a star in the middle of the floor in the same room. when you stand on that star you are standing in the middle of Austin. If you say something when standing on that star you hear and echo that no one else can hear.
This building, built from 1882-88, is the largest capitol building in the nation! It isn't the tallest. That honor belongs to the Louisiana capitol.
I learned a lot on this trip to Austin.. I learned how far a nation can come when we trust in God. I also learned how hard it can fall when it doesn't.

In GOD we TRUST!

-K

1 comment:

Lucie Manette said...

Congratulations on driver's ed!!!!