Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Showers of Blessings

Through these last few weeks, the Lord has shown me how incredibly blessed I am. I always find it so amazing at how when we are weak, the Lord shines the most. We have had lots of different people volunteer to help out while I am down. Although my personality does not ask or receive help very well, I am just touched at how sweet everyone has been. My mom and niece came down and stayed a few days to help out. We have various neighbors offer to help out and take us places if Kirk is working or just come by and sit and visit. Then Sunday, when we went to church, our pastor went and got a recliner out of a back room and put it in the sanctuary. I must say I felt VERY strange sitting in church in a recliner with my foot propped up, but that passed quickly and I was able to just enjoy the message and being back at church. And then, I know that I have many people praying for us right now. And that just touches my heart so much. Our church is VERY small, but they have still offered to help out with meals some. I know that the girls truly appreciate that too.

Speaking of my girls.... As a christian homeschool mom, one of the things I have tried to really train my girls for is real life. Their desire is to be a Godly wife and mother one day. So my surgery has actually been such a blessing to see the progress we have made with so much help from the Lord. They are 14 years old and completely running our house. They have to keep the laundry done, sheets changed, clean the house, plan and prepare all meals, keep grocery list and do all the shopping AND then still do their school, teach piano lessons, practice for their own piano lessons and help me out when I need something. I think they have done a superb job!!!! It blesses my heart to see them working so diligently and doing this all without one single complaint. Has it been perfect, no.... but it has run very smoothly and the Lord has just provided them with all the tools they need. They are truly the apple of my eye. I love them so much.

I will leave you with a picture we took last week of them with a set of twins that they get to babysit for sometimes. The girls also LOVE babies and having twin babies as neighbors has just delighted them.


Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. Deuteronomy 31:6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You definitely have some very special girls! :D