Sunday, March 22, 2009

Craziness and more

This past week was a really crazy one. Hopefully this coming week will be better. The girls fever finally broke, but the illness is still sticking around. On Friday, we ended up taking Krystin in to confirm that she had bronchitis. So they started her on some other meds. Kirk started really feeling it on Friday and as of tonight, has no voice and a very bad sore throat. He is really feeling icky, but still has to go on one of his trips thiw week anyway. Denielle's ears are really bothering her. I think with her Menier's on top of this virus, she is really feeling the fluid in her ears. I pray they all get to feeling better quickly.

On an upnote.... I had an appointment Friday and they took the cast off. YEAH!!! I am still restricted to NO WEIGHT on that foot for another week. But at least I can soak in the bath, get all the itchy dead skin off and shave my leg. When they first removed the cast, my foot and leg actually had just LARGE sheets of skin sitting on top. It was REALLY strange. Kinda made me think of phyllo dough. But after we wiped all that away and rubbed my leg down some, we could see how dry the skin really was. (The pictures below show the leg after we had wiped it all down.) So 1 more week of no weight bearing, then we start physical therapy. I will still not be able to drive for about 6 more weeks and I can really see why. I have a very limited range of motion right now. It would not be safe for me to try and drive. But that will come soon enough. Basically the doctor said in about 7 weeks total, I should be able to start walking "normal". So I am almost half way through this endeavor.

Click on the pictures to see them better.


No comments: