On the subject of a "Gentle and Quiet Spirit" I think that we all, as women struggle with this and always have room for improvement in this area. For instance it has been a log day and your tired and your Sister walks in and does something that you don't like and you snap at her. I struggle with this daily, but through God's grace it is something we can work through and grow stronger in Him because of it.She also spoke of Manipulation. When, we try to get our way in an instance and will not take no for an answer. If we cannot get our way, we can, at the very least, make the other persons life miserable. Instead we should calm down and think it over, walk away even if need be. Just be sure that you do not make it seem as if you are giving the other person the "cold shoulder."
The last thing that Mrs. Peace spoke on was the sin of "Hurt Feelings", which is essentially wallowing in self-pity and, ofter times, bitterness. A better way to respond to having your feelings deliberately hurt is to show love to that person and to bestow blessing upon them. Romans 12: 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Do something nice for the person, something that they will like...... That is very hard to think of if you are mad at them, so it works to calm you down as well. :)
If you would like to look at some of Mrs. Peace's material you can visit her website here. She also has a free self-study series called "Put on- Put off" that you can find here.
I thoroughly enjoyed the conference and, if Mrs. Peace is coming to your area, I highly suggest that you go listen to her..... You won't regret it at all!
Well, I suppose I'll get off of my soap box and go to bed. God bless you and have a great week!
-K
2 comments:
Such wise words/ insite learned from a young lady! Keep it up!!
Thank you so much for sharing.
Post a Comment