So! What I learned today was that you CAN fit five weeks’
worth of clothes, food, pillows, a guitar, plenty of books and stuff to do in
the car, and three people in a minivan! I truly believe my mom has a super
power of packing and fitting lots of stuff in little spaces. Now if only she
would share that super power with me. J
The beginning of this
trip is much different than any other I remember because our family generally
tends to start off on a trip as early as possible, and today we had doctor
appointments so we didn’t get started till around 3:00. Never the less we are
all excited to be going on the much anticipated “East Coast Trip”.
Today was rather dull as far as the seeing things went. I
saw a sea food place that was shaped like a boat, and sign with a red grand
piano on the top and The Igloo manufacturing and distribution building. I also
ate the most amazing Stromboli from Rome’s Pizza in San Antonio. If you live there you MUST go. They have some
pretty good lunch specials.
Well, we went through Houston and didn’t really see anything
interesting. After that we went to Beaumont TX, and there we saw the world’s
third largest fire hydrant that was used in the 101 Dalmatians movie. There where also all of the cute regular sized
hydrants. These where infront of the Texas Fire Fighters Museum that had a
memorial for the Fire Fighters that put their lives on the line and for the
ones that gave their lives on that day. For all of you I am truly grateful.
We ended our day in Lafayette
Louisiana where we found out that we really like La Quinta hotels. We found this HUGE La
Quinta here and when we walked into the room it look increadably clean and it
smelled WONDERFUL. I could not be happier with the service we had. Overall it
was a GREAT day.


3 comments:
That is funny cause I was just thinking about 'all today and wondering if today was the day y'all were leaving. Have a great time!!!
Why would they paint the fire hydrants to look like a cow?
Kristiana, Yes we are having a great time! I sure do miss you guys!
Mr. C-5 QA, ha ha very funny. :)
Post a Comment