Well, two days in and we aren’t dead yet. :D
This morning we got up and went to breakfast. I had waffles and egg at the lovely motel. I am going to enjoy hotel waffles, before I
get so tired of them!
After breakfast, we got everything packed up, checked out of
the motel, and headed to Baton Rouge. We
wanted to see the Louisiana state capitols. That’s rights capitols. There are
two of them. The old state capitol and the new state capitol, but first we made
a visit to the local visitors center. The two ladies that helped us out were so
nice, kind, and helpful. They told us right where to go and the best way to get
there. (And even the cheapest place to park!)
We went to the new state capitol first. I liked the Egyptian
hints on the outside of the building, but on the inside there were some inappropriate
paintings/decorations on the wall.
After going back down the elevator (which was worsethan going up),we headed over to the old capitol. I LOVE this building, it is like a French castle. The towers, the staircase, and the stain glass dome. I love it all SO much!
We walked into this room that looked like it was a ballroom.We felt like we were transported back in time. I just felt like waltzing!
SOOOO PRETTY!
We also saw these water spouts. I thought they were really fun.
Denielle thought that maybe she could run through the water……she gave up
We went to get cupcakes at a place Mamma had gotten a groupon for.When we pulled into the parking lot we saw this fun double decker bus!
We went in to get our cupcakes and Deniellefound her dream bottle of Hershey’s chocolate syrup.
After we got the cupcakes we hit the road. Our goal was to get as close to Dauphin Island, as possible, before nightfall.We took a beautiful scenic beach road that added a few minutes, but we were able to look out over the ocean for a couple of hours.
We got into Mississippi before sunset and we were able to find this beautiful lighthouse along the road. We stopped to take pictures and realized that we were going to be able to actually see the sunset over the ocean. It was so pretty!
So then we left and headed for our hotel. We decided to stay in a hotel in Moss Point, Mississippi. The hotel was really great! We walked in our room and it was nice and cold, and there was a cute little puppy made out of towels sitting on the bed.I can’t wait for the rest of our trip and I am so excited for what’s to come!
-K





















1 comment:
Wiush I were there!! :D
<3
Post a Comment