Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October 17- K's View.

We woke up this morning to a beautiful C-C-C-Cold day. We packed all of our things, while trying not to wake the neighbors, and we left.  We got to see a beautiful sunrise over the mountain. Unfortunately I did not get picture. (Maybe next sunrise.)
 
We mostly drove all day. It would be boring if it were not SOOOO beautiful outside. We stopped at a couple of scenic outlooks, where I got these pictures.



 
We also stopped at a visitor’s center where I lost out phone!  Praise the Lord that we found it was missing and we were able to turn around before it was too late! Hey, that’s what makes trips interesting, right!?!

We drove some more……and more…..more. : P

Near the end of the day we entered Virginia. The Ladies at the visitors center there were awesome!

They were so sweet, and kind. They even gave D__ and Me a Virginia pin and bumper sticker.

We stayed in Roanoke last night. We got to the hotel a little early, so it was nice to relax for a little bit.  When we got there we found this little rubber ducky on the tub.  How cute is that!?!


With us now being in Virginia the trip is finally sinking in. I know it’s weird, we’ve been on it for a week and I just now think it’s more than a dream. I have had such an amazing time, I wish that I could let all of you feel the same way I do now.
-K

No comments: